The Grey Pen Goings

Navigation through a World that's Wild at Heart and Weird on Top.

Monday, June 26, 2006

The Double-Edged Sword Exists in a Round Ball

At this point I've watched, say, seventy-five percent of the World Cup. Which is awesome from a soccer perspective, clearly, and I've gotten to listen to a lot of Spanish commentary, which is far superior to their American counterparts. As for work, well...

I had a good schedule going in the mornings. That's when I wrote. Since the Cup, however, that time is given up to soccer. And while I have many hours to many days to write, what's the more surprising is the welling up of ideas. When things are going well you dredam of your characters, you think of your stories all the time. Lately I've been thinking about soccer and how I should be writing. This is not so good.

So. World Cup=good. What the World Cup does to you=not so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home