The Grey Pen Goings

Navigation through a World that's Wild at Heart and Weird on Top.

Friday, April 06, 2007

American Avimaan

Well I've been back in the States a couple of weeks now without posting. While I was traveling across Asia I made many notes for posts, outlined specific topics to write about, got ready and...

It never happened. When I came home, it was something else. I think maybe the trip had been so long that I processed a lot of it along the way, while sitting in 14 hour bus rides in Thailand and three hour waits in the Tokyo airport. So, essentially, while I have a lot of stories to tell from Asia and quite frankly I haven't told them to anyone, it looks like it's going to stay that way till someone asks me to crack the vault. I'm done traveling for a little while, you know?

So, I'm hoping to keep this blog going, but doing it in the United States seems a trifle strange for me. Here's a request to anyone who reads this (and to be honest, I was pretty surprised to find the range of people who read this regularly)--what part of the blog did you enjoy most? What posts/topics did you like me writing about? I would love some input about what flies here, especially if I am to continue.

Cheers and it's nice to be back in this beautiful Texas weather,

Avimaan

5 Comments:

  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Broccoli Landers said…

    Hey!

    Glad to have you back old man.

    As for what parts of your blog I enjoy, I can't say I have a particular - and that's not to dodge the question, either.

    What I like is your writing - that, to me, is what makes a blog. So, you can write about your dog walking around your backyard, and so long as you're writing well, I'll continue to read!

    The point being, just keep bringing your insights to the world. I'll continue reading, for one. If that counts for anything.

    !!!

    -Tom

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger DoanNut said…

    Blogs are best when they are streams of consciousness. I read because they're real. Like novels or any other sorta polished prose, they offer insight to the human condition and give me a glimpse of lives and worlds I'd otherwise not know. It's always a plus when it's written by someone I know.

    I'm gonna have to echo Tom when I say, just write. It's good to have an audience, but you'll get a sense of what you want to write and what people respond to if you wanna go that route. This is your blog, my man.

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Delaney said…

    i visit to see photos of you flying through the air. More! More!

     
  • At 3:48 AM, Blogger ihearttheastros said…

    I just like reading my the thoughts of my friends. So have at it.

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Joey said…

    secret posts. I love secret posts.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home